Thursday, March 5, 2015

March Musings

Amusing? Perhaps

Eastern Vista.jpg
The moonrise Wednesday

My brother sent me one of those forwarded chain letter emails (that one should never forward without removing the tracking cookies first). It had some funny, dare I say; “Amusing reworkings of common experiences”. It was titled, “Humorous Laws”.

Blossom Framed Lassen.jpg
Hours before the moonrise Wednesday

Laws such as: The Law Of Random Numbers... If you dial a wrong number, you never get a busy signal; someone always answers.

Cherry Red Blossoms.jpg
Cheery cherry blossoms

Not bad. At least it made my elbow itch. Tickled my funny bone? Touched my humerus?

Moonrise 3.jpg
Rising Moon Wednesday

Jerry, my older brother, (by 4 years) has always had a penchant for puns. We can work a theme until it is stretched so thin, you would have to have been following the twisted thread of our word exchange to know what we are smirking about.

Sundown On Lassen.jpg
Lassen in the fading light during moonrise Wednesday

We think the puns we make are obvious, but we have been at this game for a long time.

Moon 5 copy.jpeg
Wednesday’s rising moon

Shakespeare plays are loaded with puns. Examples

Treehouse Near Spring.jpg
Soon spring will arrive here at the Treehouse

I don’t remember previously used puns, so I have to make them up as I go. I don’t remember jokes particularly well either. The only ones I can consistently remember are the ones my dad must have repeated a thousand times. “I told you a million times not to exaggerate”

Later Moon 2 copy.jpeg
Wednesday night’s moon risen (having already rose?)

The most useful thing about puns is they can be used subtly in a gathering to add subtexts to conversations that make dull topics more fun for those with wit without offending those who are earnestly repeating something they heard or saw somewhere.

Today’s Video;

.
Being Able To Laugh At Myself
Is Good Thing

No comments: