Monday, July 19, 2010

Extended

Vision

Mount Shasta in the late afternoon sun. 7/18/10

One of my favorite places to take Mount Shasta pictures is up by Lake Shasta. I have hundreds of images that I have taken of the volcano from that vantage point. For me, its inspirational to see the different moods of the mountain, and to capture that with a camera. Pictures of Shasta from the lake are the main reason I looked for, (and found), just the right camera that can describe what I see and feel when I am there gazing upon this magnificent sight.

While I was there, I happened to look up in the opposite direction and saw that the moon was also there to add to the scenery. I turned the camera that way, and one of the large, gliding birds was nice enough to fly into the frame of the moon picture. I love this stuff.


Eagle or buzzard, it makes a great image. 7/18/10

Nice Socks


Overlooking Redding from Shasta Dam Road. 7/18/10

Just a short
drive, further up and over the hill from the Shasta Dam/Mount Shasta viewpoint, there are places one can pull off the road and see Redding. From this vantage point, I just point the camera east, aross the valley, and I can photograph Mount Lassen.


Mount Lassen from Shasta Dam Road. 7/18/10

Less Exposure


A lower exposure setting brings out color. 7/18/10

The sun was lighting up some of the flowers to where they were white, washed out shapes on the end of a stem. A quick change of the exposure setting brought out the color and detail. It also helped the composition by darkening the background.

Saturday
Sunday
Monday

Do you remember the lucky picture I got of a lily just opening? Well it opened, and when I took its picture Sunday, it was limp and thirsty. I filled a jug with water and gave it, and a few close friends some water. This morning it had perked up, and was ready for pollinating.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Lightning

Lightning strikes three of the tallest buildings in Chicago at the same time! from Craig Shimala on Vimeo.




Heavenly

No comments: