Tuesday, August 31, 2010

A Month Of Sundays

See You In September

Looking west from B building just before sunset. 8/31/10

This evening I read a 10 page story in the New Yorker about the Koch brothers. It made me resolve to focus more of my energy on promoting happiness and kindness.

I appreciate this wonderful gift of life on planet earth. Sharing my appreciation of what is bestowed upon all of us, is the most worthwhile use of my time that I have ever known. The love that I give, radiates back to brighten my day.

There are a few people who's love of money has driven them to create huge cancerous corporations that foul the earth, air and water all around the planet.

If a few people can do such monumental harm, then certainly a few people like me can do an equal amount of good.

There are so many wonderful advances in science, art, and literature that come to my attention every day, I hardly have time to explore and share them with you.

But I'll try.

Check out this 800,000 year old volcano in Kamchatca.

Gorely Volcano In Russia


"For two weeks this summer, a group of scientists is hiking to two remote Russian volcanoes on the Kamchatka Peninsula, to collect rocks and carry them back to laboratories for testing. The researchers are hoping to pinpoint the dates of the massive volcanic explosions that have brought down the Gorely and Mutnovsky volcanoes several times over the course of hundreds of thousands of years." (More, HERE.)

Local Volcanoes

Lassen catches the last of the late afternoon sunshine. 8/31/10

I didn't have to go too far today to see volcanoes. The view from the Treehouse apartments includes a couple of prominent peaks.

Mount Shasta

Shasta from B building looking north. 8/31/10

I spent part of my day recording some basic tracks for a new/old song project. It is something that I have been putting off until the 'right' time.

So far, I like what I hear. The idea is to dust off my studio recording chops. I enjoy the studio approach of crafting a recording by layering different tracks into a composite musical object d'art.

I am a little rusty, and I have some new equipment to incorporate into my process, but I am having fun figuring it out.

Looking To The West

Forgot my shades.

The Phil Seymour Band begins rehearsing tomorrow for an upcoming Shasta Blues Society event on September 16th.

Shasta Bally

The antennas are visible again when they are back lit. 8/31/10

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

Handel Sonata VI (adagio) - Olga Goija on Viola


Love Is Powerful

No comments: