Friday, August 13, 2010

Still Counting

Lucky Stars

Venus and the moon at twilight. 8/12/10

There were a couple of special celestial displays to view last night. There were a bunch of planets in the western sky just after sunset. Venus, Mars, and Saturn teamed up with the moon to grace the fading light after the sunset. I managed to get a picture of Venus and the moon from the Treehouse parking lot just as I got home from the Thursday night blues jam.


Evening moon from the Treehouse parking lot. 8/12/10

I went out twice later in the night, looking for a giant fireball to photograph, but all the objects that were streaking across the sky, seemed to be repelled from where I had pointed the camera. I did manage to get Perseus and Aries. Even though I didn't capture a picture of a meteor, I did get to see a few of those silent, magical rents in the fabric of the night sky. I love this place we call earth. What a gift.

Northeastern View

Not exactly Hubble quality. 4:25 AM 8/13/10.

I read an article today, from Reuters, where the photographer who was assigned to shoot the shooting stars over Stonehenge, had a similar experience with getting the meteors to appear in the frame of his pictures. Read about it HERE.


Kieran Doherty, Reuters.

Last Night At Lulu's

Jeff Westcott, Mark Mlcoch, Sarah Papenheim,Phil Seymour, Jerry Papenheim

It was a fun Thursday night Shasta Blues Society Blues Jam.

A good time was had by all.


Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Shining Star


Heaven All Around

No comments: