Thursday, April 4, 2013

April Shower

Or Two

Daylilies outside the mailroom

Today, we got the first in what are expected to be a series of April showers. It will be a relief for the people who have been suffering allergies and hay fever from clouds of pollen that have been filling the atmosphere the past few days.

Joseph's Coat rose

It was an interesting week of music for me that included the Treehouse Jamboree on Monday, some songwriting with John Harrison on Wednesday, and tonight the members of the Phil Seymour band got together and played a really nice set at the Shasta Blues Society Thursday Jam.

My first good butterfly pic this year

The mockingbirds are filling the Treehouse grounds with songs of their own personal styles in the age old love song method of attracting mates. This one, pictured below, seems comfortable having certain people get close watch him perform his repertoire.

M. p. leucopterus 'Western Mockingbird'

A 2009 study showed that the bird was able to recognize individual humans, particularly noting those whom had previously been intruders or threats. Also birds recognize their breeding spots and return to areas in which they had greatest success in previous years.



There are plenty of photo subjects to keep me busy, entertained, and observant, right here in the Treehouse landscape. I consider myself fortunate to have so many activities that I love to do. I enjoy sharing these perspectives of the world in which we live.

I like taking pictures of hummingbirds, but I have to say that I have never seen such great Slo Mo video of hummingbird feeding behavior and etiquette, as captured in the following video. I didn’t know that they actually tap on the back of a feeding bird as if to say, “You have had enough. It’s my turn.”

Today’s Fascinating Video;

.
Communication

No comments: