Saturday, April 6, 2013

Intermittent Sunshine

Fills My Home With Light


A healthy breakfast

Strange is our situation here on Earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to divine a purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that men are here for the sake of other men -- above all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends. -- Albert Einstein

[Yes I know he said ‘men’, and ‘other men’, but if he were alive today, I expect he would have adopted the more inclusive, “we”.]

Iris in the rain

Why am I opening with an Albert Einstein quote today?

Perhaps because he is a great example of the diversity within all species of earth’s animals.

22 HD channels with a little $4.00 suction cup window antenna

I have noticed that we all have our own collection of specific gifts and talents that define us as individuals. He clearly had exceptional mental capabilities, but he also had a gentle nature that welcomed the goodness in others. This allowed him to communicate wonderfully with people outside of the lofty, rarified, world of advanced sciences.

So, today I was led to Albert Einstein, while sifting through a multitude of attributions in the morning email and newsletters. As I am inclined to do, I investigated a few related sources and statistics to improve my understanding of what people are writing about, and why.

Wet Joseph’s Coat rose

One of this morning’s newsletters, sent from Daily Kos, included a story on the current battle to reign in the over abundance of lethal weapons in American homes. This topic, guns, provoked a comment section deluge.

A distraught mother wrote of her anguish when her son used the family shotgun to end his life. She concluded with this Einstein quote; If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.

Colors of spring abound

That launched me into search mode, and after a dozen or so sites that contained the quote, I found it to have been part of a larger observation, which led me to dig further into his life and activities at the time he spoke the words.

Here is my path; Here leads to here leads to here leads to here and, you get the gist of it.

Maybe a patch of blue?

Anyway, somewhere in there, he struck a chord with my personal philosophy when I read;

Strange is our situation here on Earth. Each of us comes for a short visit, not knowing why, yet sometimes seeming to divine a purpose. From the standpoint of daily life, however, there is one thing we do know: that men are here for the sake of other men -- above all for those upon whose smiles and well-being our own happiness depends. -- Albert Einstein

Heavy from the April shower

Now, with such encouraging words from a most brilliant man, I think I shall continue to elicit smiles from those on whom my happiness depends, wherever they are.

I love this place called Earth.

Today’s Earthly Video;

.

Smile, Please. Thank You           

No comments: