Sunday, March 23, 2014

All This

And Butterflies, Too

A Place In The Sun.jpg
Proud Arrival


Sometimes, I can’t be certain of what constitutes making the best use of my time.


Like this day, Saturday. I was up for over an hour before I had breakfast, still in my bathrobe, reading the news, answering correspondence, and tidying up loose ends on my MacBook Pro. Was I beginning the day too slowly?

White Cheer.jpg
Cheerful iris in Dottie’s garden


Eventually I had a breakfast of fresh fruit and cereal, got dressed and got outside to check mail, take a few pictures, and run a few errands. Still, I didn’t feel like I was doing any earthshaking, or game changing activities.

Tulip and Iris CH.jpg
Two pals at the fenceline


I got the mail. There was an invitation to Sammy Barber’s birthday party at Lulu’s, to honor her for all the years she put into the Shasta Blues Society. The invitation announced that 3 bands would be playing. I didn’t see my band on the list. I guess I’ll call and wish her a happy birthday.

Flies 3.jpg
Butterflies at the Arboretum


I took a ride to the Arboretum to see if the butterflies were out posing for pictures. They were, I took pix and video. You can see some more of the images on Flickr

A Look Into Spring_Fotor.jpg
Looking into spring at the Arboretum


It was a pleasant way to spend the hour or so that it takes for Trader Joe’s frozen pie crust to defrost. Many trees and plants were flowering, birds were singing and the sun was shining. Time well spent.

Happy Hum 2.jpg
Watching me photograph butterflies


The dough was ready upon my return, so pie making was the on the agenda. I think it was the 21st item on my list, so if you hear talk about agenda 21, you now know it is all about making an apple pie.

Pie 26 Served.jpg
Agenda 21 revealed


Speaking of simple explanations, I saw this video today in which a young woman uses a blanket, an apple, and a ping pong ball to very clearly explain gravitational waves.


Today’s Video;




Knowledge Is Power

No comments: