Sunday, April 25, 2010

A World Of

Abundance

Flower in Macy's parking lot, cement divider. 4/25/10

I woke up with some congestion, and a ragged speaking voice when I answered the phone at 8:30 in the morning.

"This is Phil."
"Are you okay?"
"What?"
"Your voice sounds kind of ragged."
"I was sleeping."
"Oh, did I wake you up?"
(No, it was the sound of the phone ringing), "Yes."
"I'll call back later."
"No. What do you need?"
"Are you going to the club today?"
"I wasn't planning on it. Why?"
"I need to cash a check for $150."
"We don't cash checks. Besides, we don't have that much money in petty cash. That's why it's called, 'petty cash'."
"Oh, I get it. It's what the word means."
"Right. Well, good luck."


First flower of the day, along the Treehouse driveway.

A couple of hours later, I got up, ate breakfast, took a shower, ( I didn't actually take the shower anywhere. It is still right where it has always been), did all the basic morning stuff, and realized that my voice was still a ragged, low, rocky, rumble. Add to that an occasional cough, and I had a feeling that something was trying to set up house in my respiratory tract.


More flowers in concrete dividers at Macy's parking lot.

I tried a tablespoon
of some local honey, but all it did was taste good. It was time I replenished my Silver solution. That's what they call the new nano particles of silver in suspension, these days. It used to be ionic colloidal silver, but there are some new methods of processing that supposedly makes a more effective potion.

I hope this silver stuff still works.

I drove over to the Shasta Mall, where there is a GNC store, to purchase a bottle of silver solution. To reduce the amount of walking that I would be doing, I parked in the lot around the side, by Macy's. It was a short trip in and out from there.

When I came back
to the car, I spotted an odd looking yellow flower, growing all by itself, in the concrete divider next to the Buick. I took a couple of pictures, got in the car, gargled some silver, and headed out of the lot to Hilltop. But, wait! Look over there in that other concrete thing, pretty colored flowers that I don't know the names of. I stopped and took a few pictures that I can share with you


Another fun flower in the Macy's parking lot.



I couldn't resist this shot of Shasta Bally.

I noticed that across Hilltop, by T.J. Max, there seemed to be a good view of Shasta Bally, so I drove over and checked it out. I liked it, so I took a couple of pictures and added them to my Shasta Bally collection, HERE. (I just decided to start this collection today, so I haven't rounded up the 50 or more Shasta Bally pictures I have in my albums, so there are just the ones from today, and last week when I went to Whiskeytown Lake.)


Health food from Trader Joe's. 4/25/10

Trader Joe's
is right there in the same locale, so I stopped in and got a couple of food items, including their frozen chile relleno. I figured that would discourage any bug trying to set up shop in my body. I headed home thinking that I might not be able to do any recording projects today that required a good singing voice.


CHP helicopter as seen from my balcony. 4/25/10

I got home,
nuked the relleno, put on some music, and tried to hear the stereo over the sound of a circling helicopter. We get a helicopter around here about twice a day. They sometimes are helping the police on the ground trying to capture a thief, or some one running from a DUI traffic stop. Sometimes it seems like a waste of money, (thousands of dollars every time the helicopter flies), but I am sure that it gives some people a sense of security, and it has to be a whole lot of fun and excitement for the guys in the chopper. Yee Haw!

Mother's Day Cards


I carefully examine the color density and saturation.

I produce greeting cards
for a select few, discerning and gracious people. But now, I have decided to extend my reach for this coming Mother's Day. I am making up a limited number of quality, hand picked, small run, printed greeting cards from some favorite flower images. There is only one card printed of each flower photograph. I have some ideas on how to use these to bring joy and happiness to the Mothers who receive them, and raise money for some local organizations, as well as recoup my expenses. We shall see hoe that turns out.


I treat each card as an individual work of art. 4/25/10

I put my heart, and talent, into each card. God provides the living beauty of the flowers, that someone carefully plantedand tended, and I get to photograph those flowers in such a way as to keep their vibrant essence alive in card that will express someones love for their Mother. Wow, I love my life. I am so blessed.

More Moon


A little more moon is showing tonight. 4/25/10

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
There's A Moon Out Tonight - The Capris


Doo Wop Dreams

No comments: