Friday, September 24, 2010

Fall Begins

Still Mooning

Looking east from Lulu's before Thursday's Blues Jam. 9/23/10

It looks like I will have to wait until next month to get more detailed moon pictures with the Lumix TZ1. It does best when the sky is still light and the moon is visible. Once the sky gets dark, the intensity of the moon's reflected sunlight is not good for details of the craters and mountains. I am thrilled with this months great images of the moonrise each evening leading up to the full moon. Life is good in my photo department.


Lassen in the afternoon sun. 9/24/10

Today I spent some time updating my website, (www.happyphil.com). This was the result of my interaction with someone who needed help designing their website on a Mac. I suggested they just use the web design application, iWeb, that comes with a Mac. I suggested a visit to my website that I produce with iWeb as an example of what can be done.

Coincidentally, I was updating some of the information, videos, and pictures on that site as a result of having paid up next years rental space for my domain on the internet. I use a lower cost hosting company than the one that is offered by Apple. If I could afford it, I would use all Apple products and services, but I have to cut corners where possible, to do all the wonderful things I can do with my computers.


Shasta still has snow left from last Saturday's storm. 9/24/10

I went to town this afternoon to take care of a few things, and on the way back I stopped to take some pictures on and under the bridges that span the Sacramento river at Lake Redding. I spotted this flowering bush from where I parked and took some pictures of it, too.


I don't know what this is, but it is interesting. 9/24/10


These bridges are always good for eye catching images. 9/24/10

I think I need a haircut!

Lassen
The late sun illuminates the volcano. 9/24/10
Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
Blue Danube Waltz
Are yard eggs laid by hens with three feet?

No comments: