Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Gone Buggy

Wow!


I had never seen how frogs stuff their mouth with whatever is stuck on their tongue. Pretty efficient design, especially when there is a bug stuck on that tongue.

There are more high speed camera slow motion videos HERE.

Frog Food?

This spider was on the handrail in the 'B' building stairwell. 9/28/10

If only that frog in the video had been in the stairwell it could have caught this spider instead of air.

I was headed out to deliver a flier I made for the club membership drive, when I noticed this spider on the stairwell handrail. I had my camera with me, so I took a few snaps. It stayed so still I thought it might be dead, but when I touched it, it quickly moved around to the other side of the railing.


Stairwell handrail spider from another angle. 9/28/10

What's For Dinner?

Decisions, decisions. 9/28/10

Frozen vegetable lasagna, or bag o' veggies? I chose the lasagna.

Nice View To The West

It had cooled off to about 95 when I took this picture. 9/28/10

It's nice and warm this week with temperatures around 105. Night time temps are in the 70's. I like this kind of weather. It's one of many things I love about Redding.

I am so glad that I was called to this place.

Here is a song
from last Saturday's gig at the French Gulch Hotel. Bartender/waitress Eileen became a backup singer with the band for this song.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;
  I'll Take You There by Phil Seymour
Cherish All Life