Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sometimes One Has To

Speak Up


I have friends who have fallen for this Tea Party stuff.

I tell them
that it is not what it seems to be.

I try to explain, in terms they might understand, how the love of money drives the corporate giants to commit horrific acts upon the earth and all that live here. And, how we help them profit from the destruction of lives and limbs.

We are responsible
for the clear cutting of virgin forests to make toilet paper because we like to have something soft to wipe our backsides. If we didn't buy the ultra soft butt wipe, millions of acres of old growth forest would still be home to thousands of plant and animal species. So we are to blame for encouraging the ongoing destruction of habitat and carbon sinks, just so we can wipe our bottoms with something softer than the recycled stuff.

If we stop allowing ourselves to be manipulated into buying stuff we don't need and fighting pointless wars, then the industrial-military complex would have no reason to continue their rampage of destruction.

Our problems are not the governments fault, not Wall Street's fault, not the Pentagon's fault, our problems are our own fault for buying what they are selling.

We behave like spoiled children, and the Tea Party is there to cash in on our greed and selfishness. The flim flam Tea Party is a product of the corporations, for the corporations, and by the corporations.

The Tea Party is not part of the solution.

Looks Like Frosting


These are real roses from the Rainbow Rose company.

They inject natural rose pigments into the stem as the rose is forming.

I think I like the ones made of frosting better.

This One Is Real

I took this picture earlier today. 9/18/10

I was outside, looking to take some pictures of Lassen when I saw this beautiful color of pink along the sidewalk. I wondered if my camera could do it justice. I think it did.

Shrimp Scampi


I saw this
new steam pack frozen food at Raley's. It was on sale, so I figured I'd give it a try. The woman at the checkout stand remarked that it looked good. I told her I would let her know once I have tried it. (I hope my purchase didn't contribute to habitat destruction or the demise of an indigenous tribe in the Amazon basin.)



The bag itself
is an engineering marvel that would impress James Watt.



Dinner was served
in less than 10 minutes. It was okay. I probably won't get any more shrimp scampi, (sorry Asian shrimp farmers), but I still have another Lean steam bag of Cuisine to try and maybe it will have me clamoring for more Cheese Tortellini in a microwaveable steam bag.
Do Mega Pixels Matter?

The 10mpxl Sanyo T1060 vs. the 5mpxl Lumix TZ1. 9/19/10

As you can see
, the 10 mega pixel sensor in the Sanyo is no match for the 5 mega pixel sensor in the Lumix TZ1. Why? Primarily it's the lens. The Sanyo has a tiny lens to accommodate it's compact size. The Panasonic Lumix TZ1 has a larger Leica lens that brings in more information to the sensor.

Todays Relatively Appropriate Song;

Life Is Good

No comments: