Saturday, November 12, 2011

Defiant Beauty

Bringing Joy Daily



The flowers have been so captivating, that I have amassed hundreds of photos in just a couple of days. I have them spread out across cyberspace in a way that I hope makes it easy to share the best of them with you.

First, is this little collection I put on Flickr;



Because these flowers show me their faces and speak to my sense of wonder, I sometimes think I see their lips moving when they talk.



There are more pictures, taken today, of the riotous color coming from the flowers, HERE.

It is interesting, and welcome that the flowers have chosen these few days to put on a show, because the leaves of fall haven’t been changing much. I guess they are taking a break to watch the flowers.



The flowers pictured on this page are from the 2 photo journalistic adventures I took today as I went to and from the mail room. I would still be out there taking more pictures, but the sun is down and I have a couple of other things to do.



Yesterday I had the pleasure of experiencing further realms in the magical workings of an iPad. By helping my neighbor with her iPad2, I discovered that my approach to getting it to do things was based on old technology.

When the iPad, and other Apple devices are set up and synced properly, backups and file transfers and almost all the stuff that I would normally do, is already done. The physical process that I am accustomed to using to do things, is as old fashioned as carrying a bucket of water from the well to the house.



With the iPad, one doesn’t go get things. Everything is already there with a tap or flick of a finger. Yes there are still files and Apps, but one doesn’t have to move, open, find, close, or any of that stuff in the ways that I am used to doing on a computer.



It is very Zen like. I have to let go of my preconceived notions and just interact without the limiting factors of Geekdom, (Nerdishness). You know, all that technical computer knowledge that I have been amassing. I have to let it go to fully interact and experience the wonder and magic in the ‘iPad o verse’. Those things are amazing.



Today I helped another neighbor with her PC running Windows. What a world apart from the iPad. To operate a PC, I have to call upon every bit of my inner Nerd and learned computer Geekness because the way to get things done with Windows is so counter intuitive and unnecessarily complex.

I got to experience the 2 polar opposites of the digital world in the past 2 days. What an amazing world I live in. I love this life I live in this time and space where I can share with you my thoughts and experiences through the magic of images, sounds, words, videos, and links to more stuff, all with these blog pages that you can get anytime, anywhere in the world, instantly. Wow!

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Spellbinding

No comments: