Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanks To All

I Am What I Am



Well, it has been a week of food. The first Thanksgiving dinner was last Thursday here at the Treehouse, and it seems like it’s been Thanksgiving ever since.

I’m not complaining, I haven’t had to cook dinner for four or five days now, and there’s still more Thanksgiving dinners planned.



On Tuesday, my neighbor Linda brought me this sandwich and apple turnovers, or pastries.

The barbecue sandwich was delicious and big. The other half is in the refrigerator. The Apple dabbles were too tasty to save one for later, so I ate them both.



It has been raining for the past few days. You would think this would make for difficulty when taking pictures of flowers, but that’s not the case.

I’ve been trying something new. I’ve been using the flash on the camera, (something I’ve been reluctant to do). I had a preconceived notion that the warmth in Lumix images was somehow lost when using a flash. This turns out to be not true.



But never mind that, let’s get back to the food. Tonight was dinner at the Taylor household. It was very good and Stuart made a delicious turkey as usual.

Thank you, Sandy and Stuart.



Hanging from the light over the dinner table, the string to turn the light on and off has a fob on it in the shape of a bird house. I couldn’t resist playing around with that concept.



One nice thing this rain has done for me is to keep me here in the house testing out new applications. Some of them are just for fun. Others have more practical graphical purposes. I think they are all amazing. I love this stuff.



This year I’ve been doing some more research about Thanksgiving and I found some interesting tidbits at National Geographic. Like the following;

U.S. President Abraham Lincoln declared Thanksgiving Day a national holiday in 1863. He was probably swayed in part by magazine editor Sarah Josepha Hale—the author of the nursery rhyme "Mary Had a Little Lamb"—who had suggested Thanksgiving become a holiday, historians say.



Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;



Giving Thanks

No comments: