Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Fall Colors

Like A Symphony



Here in Redding, the first day of November blew in with the sound of leaves being stripped from the trees. Scattering and tumbling across the open spaces of asphalt, they stroked a rhythm like brushes on a snare drum.



It was the brilliant colors in the dazzling sunlight that played a melody like the sound of violins, clarinets, and bright silver trumpets spraying colorful glissando's into the blustery breezes.



I am glad I got out and captured a bit of this bright and beautiful day and am able to share the patterns of electrons with you. This is possibly the introduction to a storm that is expected to bring cool temps, rain, and above 4,200 feet, snow.


Photo - Marian Sauer

Sunday, I drove down to Richmond to rehearse the set of tunes we planned to play on Halloween in El Cerrito. After the rehearsal, Leona, Marian and I had a chance to spend some time together looking at pictures and enjoying each others company.


Photos - Jim Rampoli

Jim Rampoli, Marian’s neighbor and long time friend took some more pictures of the LMP Trio having fun making good music. Thanks Jim.

Before


Photo- Sandi Taylor

Between the maladjusted roller brushes at the drive through car wash, and the relentless Redding sizzling summer sun, the paint on the Buick was worn away and the clear coat had turned to bumpy bubbles.

After



I took the car to the Redding Maaco place last week, as Marian suggested, and it was ready for me to pick up on Saturday morning. They did a really nice job. I think I may have gotten a couple of extra miles to the gallon on my trip to Richmond and back, with the new shiny, smooth surface.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Life Is Beautiful

No comments: