Saturday, March 23, 2013

Back In The Swing Of Things

On The Right Course


Mount Lassen from The Treehouse

It seems to take a little longer for me to get back on schedule, (I didn’t know I had one until I took a look at what I normally do with my time), these days. I feel like a slacker if I don’t keep up with my journal, let alone keeping the various websites up to date.

Anyway, the past few days have been filled with music and warm friendships. The LMP Trio played in Millbrae on the first day of spring. That gave me a chance to visit and play with Marian and Leona in Richmond. I also got to see Marian’s friend and neighbor, Jim Rampoldi, and he was kind enough to take some pictures of the LMP Trio in action.

Leona, Marian, and Phil - The LMP Trio

Going to play in Millbrae gave me a chance to sightsee, while Marian drove us there and back.

Some things have changed, and some remain the same, since I last visited the Bay Area.

From the Yerba Buena tunnel on the Bay Bridge

I had a pleasant trip to and from Marian’s. The Buick ran smooth and effortlessly as I set the cruise control and enjoyed the ride.

Mount Shasta could be seen for miles, driving north on I-5, Thursday. I took a picture or two through the windshield. This one was between Corning and Red Bluff;



I took some pictures and time lapse movies of the trip to, during, and from Marian’s that I envision in an entertaining video. Today, I have other projects on my ‘schedule’, but perhaps I can begin preparing the film clips and stills tomorrow before I go play at the Jefferson State Blues Society Sunday Jam.



The moon has been appearing in the afternoons, so I take advantage of daylight compositions and colors wherever I can. This image, above, was taken from the ShopKo parking lot today.



Each day brings more colorful, pretty flowers. I have been taking a slew of photos that are contenders for greeting cards. I enjoy balancing the shapes and colors of a pretty flower image into an expressive graphic design and printing it on just the right stock.

Today’s Shipbuilding Video;

.

On A True Course

No comments: