Friday, March 1, 2013

Happy To Be Back

Happy To Be Well



While I was examining, first hand, a Norovirus experience, Dorothy’s garden produced the first iris of this year. In addition, there are other flowers in her garden that are bringing bright, welcome color to the Treehouse grounds.



There are more poppies. Some of them are smaller versions of the first one I found.

One thing for certain, there are a lot of surprises popping up in Dorothy’s garden. I will make a little slide show when I get enough pictures of the different plants, blooms and colors.



The weather, here in Redding, has been mild and on the pleasantly warm side. 60’s and 70’s in the daytime, consistently. Mount Lassen, and the other high elevations still have snow, so the north state vistas are beautiful, inspiring, and welcome companions from sunrise to twilight.
 


On my way to the library, today, I saw some geese bobbing around in the Civic center fountain. I had to stop and get a few pictures. They were fun to watch. Mama goose was keeping an eye on 3 big baby geese from the edge of the pool. It felt good to get out and enjoy this delightful place and see the goose family having fun.



The library parking lot was full, (like a parking lot), and people were parking on the street to visit. Once inside, I found that it was a special Dr. Seuss day for the children. The place was teeming with mom’s and happy children, (okay, there was one kid in a tiger costume with a long tail, that wasn’t feeling as cute as she looked). It was nice to have a glimpse of the library’s future patrons.



All in all, I must say that I feel much better when I am well. It is so rare that I am sick, that I had forgotten what it was like. The passage of time was like being in school, watching the clock glacially creeping through the last 4 minutes until the bell announced freedom from the classroom.



I wonder if “In like a lion, out like a lamb” still applies to March? It has definitely arrived like a lamb, this year. That’s just one more interesting development to look forward to.

Today’s Delicious Video;

Rouge By Carte Noire - Michael & Philippe - QUAD from QUAD on Vimeo.

That Looks Delightful

No comments: