Tuesday, January 28, 2014

It Rained That Day

Remember?

Poinsettia, happy in the kitchen

Tonight's title is a short story just waiting to be written. Those five words are enough to inspire 1000 pages of story.

Busy bee on a cloudy Tuesday

We had some clouds today. That means that in about a week, the East Coast will have another storm with frigid vortexes, and who knows what. For here, it means we watch another sky of clouds, laden with moisture, heading eastward to dump rain and snow on the other side of the Continental divide.

Quiet study and studio space

With my big chair and myself in my bedroom, I can use the talk to text feature of the MacBook Pro and write this without having to make all my usual typing mistakes. It's a real timesaver.

In the living room, the computer can’t hear me over the roar of the refrigerator, so it makes a lot of mistakes trying to figure out what I am saying.

Nice and quiet in here,

Little blue flowers

The Phil Seymour Band played on Sunday. We will be playing on the 21st, next month at the Post Office Saloon and Grill. This group of musicians really works well together.

EJ, Phil, John, and Mark, on Sunday

Bill, not pictured, plays the keyboard to make five of us. Bill can be found in the pictures that I've posted on Picasa-Web Albums. You can see them HERE.

Dancing stars?

Tonight was Pres. Obama's State of the Union address. The only thing that I found blatantly misleading, was the part about natural gas. He tried to sell us on the idea that our new natural gas wells would make us energy independent. They won't because our natural gas is being sold on the world market to the highest bidder.

Pine needle magnolia blossom

For the most part he did a good job. He talked about climate change and that we had to do some things about that, (although extracting, transporting, and burning natural gas is not one of those things we should be doing prevent climate change).

John and I began writing a new song this afternoon. Maybe I'll use those five words; “It Rained That Day, Remember?”. Now that I think about it, that's exactly what the song is going to be about.

Today’s Viola Video;


Peace

No comments: