Sunday, May 31, 2015

Samsung 500 GB SSD Installed

In My 2012 MacBook Pro

So fast and quiet

I have been considering a solid state (no moving parts but electrons) hard drive for a couple of years, but they were above my hard drive price point. A little over a year ago, I got a 1T Hybrid Hard Drive for the MacBook Pro, but since I upgraded to Yosemite, it has been under performing.

The Yosemite memory management has been misusing my RAM as well as making precision control and dragging objects a hit and miss process thanks to the jerky delayed actions and jumpy cursor.

Ghostly Lily.jpg
Ghostly fortnight lily

The price point of an SSD and my frustration with the Neo-Apple OS-X Yosemite met with a sale priced Samsung 850 EVO 500GB Solid State Internal drive from newegg.com. So far, the only program that has crashed (unexpectedly quit) since installing the new HD was iMovie while I was adding jpg images at the end of the video clips. No big deal.

Bridge Underwater I N.jpg
Bridge near Jerry’s house

My brother Jerry has sent me a couple of pictures of the changes the record rainfall has brought to his region of Texas. He lives in the town of Stagecoach. My sister Sue lives in Houston and her son Josh lives in Wimberley, Texas. Fortunately they all escaped major damages.

Moon 27th.jpg
Moon on the 27th

Up until the last couple of nights, the sky has been clear when I happen to be looking to take a picture. I enjoy getting detailed moon pictures that express the character and mood of the moment.

G Moon 2.jpeg
Moon after midnight tonight

While waiting for the video to upload, it seemed like a good idea to step out and see if the sky would be clear enough for a detailed view of the moon. The Heavens smiled upon this tiny speck of life on earth.

Quail Hunter 2.jpg
Quail hunter

I saw a most amazing exhibition where a quail family let a neighbor cat sneak up and pounce for the kill. The cat thought it had struck its quarry until it realized that the whole covey had surrounded it and everyone was flapping and squawking like they were wounded.

The cat was confused and didn’t know which way to turn. I chased it away before I realised this was covey defensive maneuver training.

"All Clear".jpg
Training officer quail sounds the all clear

Okay, no more dilly dallying, I had better begin uploading the installation video so I can embed it here as…

Today’s Video;


So Far So Good

No comments: