Monday, March 22, 2010

Some Folks Call It

The Enhanced E-book
The viola book continues to write itself.

I found some examples of e-books made just for the iPad already out there to see. I am encouraged by seeing the innovative designs that are being developed for this new way of looking at things.

See examples of interactive magazines, HERE.

See examples from Penguin books, HERE.

Equinox Moon


I took this with the Lumix TZ1. What fun.

Apples, Peaches, Pumpkin Pie?

Georgia peaches look good enough to eat. But are they?

If your not concerned
about eating "Franken-Fruit", there are some non-organic fruits and veggies that wont be delivering too many pesticides with there juicy sweetness. An article at Mother Jones describes some possible savings at the grocery store if you don't buy organic produce. Avocados from the 5 for a dollar display only contain a small amount of pesticide when peeled. (Organics, of course, contain no pesticide, but they cost a little more.)

Here are the top 12 worst pesticide laden offenders;

1. Peaches

2. Apples

3. Sweet bell peppers

4. Celery

5. Nectarines

6. Strawberries

7. Cherries

8. Kale

9. Lettuce

10. Grapes (imported)

11. Carrots

12. Pears

For the full list of all 47 fruits and veggies, go here.


Picture Of Health

After the endoscopy. Hungry Phil. 3/22/10

All is well
with the output section of my 'food processing' equipment.

I will spare you the pictures they took, they were not my best side.

The whole process
left me a little behind on my various projects, but everything will work out in the end.

Expressive Pot

This pot tells you when your plant is happy.

I was looking at some household gadgets on HowStuffWorks , and I found the perfect pot for any plant I might be in charge of growing, (Luckily for my house plants, Sandi is in charge, and they are all thriving and happy). This pot tells when the plant needs water, or food, or just about anything. It makes faces regarding it's condition, and it even has a USB hook-up to maintain a chart of its temperature, moisture levels, amount of light, and other statistics on your computer.

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

Colonoscopy - Robert Klein



Visionary

No comments: