Friday, December 24, 2010

It's Winter, And

Still Growing

This driveway rose gets prettier every day. 12/23/10

The sunshiny day that was forecast didn't quite come to fruition, but there was enough light and air to bring out the best in all living things.


A passing fly stops to enjoy a warm yellow rose. 12/23/10

Yet Another Coffee Maker


This one is a ProctorSilex. I like it. 12/23/10

This morning I put the rinsed out and empty carafe on the Rival coffee maker and forgot to turn it off. I sat down to read some email and heard 'plink' from somewhere in the kitchen. I thought maybe the silverware had shifted in the drainer, but my eyes soon focused on the empty carafe sitting on the hot plate with the 'on light' lit. I picked up the container and sure enough, there was a crack in the glass on the bottom.

I went to Shopko to get a replacement and discovered that it is cheaper to buy a complete new coffee maker. I went with the flow of less dough and got the ProctorSilex.

It seems to make
better tasting, and hotter coffee than the other one, so all is well.

UPDATE: 12/24/10

The new coffee maker does indeed make better tasting coffee than the previous one. I am having my second cup of freshly ground, freshly brewed, Columbian on this Christmas Eve, and I can say with whatever authority I am invested with, that this is delightfully better than the Rival maker was making. (Now, back to the post that I didn't finish yesterday...)

One Of A Kind

This was a wonderful surprise. This deep colored rose just appeared. 12/23/10

Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

The embed code didn't seem to work, so to see the blue Martian sunset, try;
http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/video/index.cfm?id=954


Have Yourself A Very Merry Christmas

No comments: