Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Chicken Was Killed

Cajun Style

Another refrigerated/fresh prepared Trader Joe's treat. 11/28/10

"Detectives report the victim was killed 'southern style', smothered in gravy".

That would be a departure from the usual, 'execution style'.

Not Bad

Before I knew it, I ate the whole plate full of stuff. 12/18/10

I can think of many more healthy things to eat, but the simple act of preparation is one of the things that aggravates my structural damage to the point where I am immobilized. The nutritional benefits of cooking fresh food, would be offset by not being able to ambulate. So, I do the next best thing and try to find the healthiest/tasty store-bought fare I can afford. I don't eat at restaurants because I can't afford to go to the kind of place that might actually be nutritious. There was one place in Redding that I had planned to go try, but they went out of business before I could budget the $50 or so it would have cost me.

Health Food


Two small slices of blueberry pie with real ice cream and real whipped cream.

Wednesday Clearing And Cold

Shasta Bally got a nice coat of snow from the last storm. 12/29/10

Today the temperature is not expected to rise beyond 45 degrees with snow showers expected tonight. That will be interesting.

Birds Enjoying The Clear Day


An eagle, a hawk, and two buzzards see something below on the river. 12/29/10

I got a partial answer to the question of how to explain things to close minded people in a way they might understand. You may recall that I set aside some time to meditate on this situation created by the Koch brothers that has developed into uncontrollable anguish in those who might have a limited point of view to begin with.

It came to me
as I read a comment about the loss of salmon in the Sacramento river. This person always has the same comment that points the finger at the eco-nazis who passed a law against shooting seals. He seems to have heard somewhere, that if we were to kill all those salmon eating seals, our salmon troubles would be solved.

Sounds crazy
doesn't it? But to him it makes perfect sense. How do we introduce him and the many others like him to a way of thinking that would include some other possibilities? The old jigsaw puzzle explanation;

A guy finds one piece of a 500 piece puzzle. That piece shows a seal eating a fish. Without seeing at least a few of the other 499 pieces, it would seem illogical to assume that every other piece shows a seal eating a fish, so why would someone, after hearing a story about seals eating salmon,  jump to the conclusion that that is the main reason the salmon population is diminishing?

Birds Fishing On A Postcard Day

A beautiful day between the storms in Redding, California. 12/29/10
Today's Relatively Appropriate Song;

Life Is Good

No comments: