Sunday, May 29, 2011

Civil Musings

Memorial Day Weekend



Today, Saturday, I took time to remember those gallant young men and boys who were victims of the dispute over whether the United States should condone slavery or not.

As if to provide sound effects for my visions of civil war battles, up popped a thunderstorm. I quickly set up a couple of microphones to capture the afternoon rain, wind and thunder in the Garageband recording application.



Wikipedia;
Memorial Day often marks the start of the summer vacation season, and Labor Day its end.

It began as a ritual of remembrance and reconciliation after the civil war, but by the early 20th century, Memorial Day was an occasion for more general expressions of memory, as ordinary people visited the graves of their deceased relatives, whether they had served in the military or not. It also became a long weekend increasingly devoted to shopping, family gatherings, fireworks, trips to the beach, and national media events such as the Indianapolis 500 (since 1911) and the Coca-Cola 600 (since 1960) auto races.[3]z


A Diversion




I feel very fortunate that fate, kismet, the road of enlightenment, has led me to this most beautiful place where I am blessed with the opportunity for further spiritual growth and healing. I thank God with every breath I take.

There were moments of sunlight between the clouds and rain, during which the flowers today and in the last couple of days, shown with all their glory. I put a little slide show of today’s, and yesterdays blossoming beauties together with music, (today’s thunderstorm included), that I think qualifies as;

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Peace

No comments: