Friday, June 24, 2011

Ask A Busy Person


What Should I Ask?



I had the chance to visit the bank of commerce parking lot a few times in the the last couple of days, and while there, I found some wonderful subjects for the TZ3 and me.



These first two pictures were taken today when I was helping to get our board secretary on the club account as a check signer. We were returning with the documentation that we didn’t bring the previous day.

I had taken some pictures of the parking lot flowers the day before, and put a couple on my account with 500pix that night. It is a place to exhibit photos for professional photographers, and some talented hobbyists, (I like putting myself in that category).

This is the image that got the most attention;



It was a real treat to open my email this morning and find that people in other countries had looked at the parking lot lily and said nice things about it.

I showed the picture to the account person at the bank and she said it is called a fortnight lily. I let her know that it was now world famous.

You can view the high resolution image HERE.




Other Things On My Plate



I am attempting to eat up some of the food that I bought over the last couple of years that has just been pushed to the back to make room for food that I would rather eat.

Tonight I had some of the raviolis that have been taking up space in the freezer. I thought I might use one of the tomato sauces that are in the round about cupboard, but the jar of Ragu had an expiration date of September 2007, so I didn’t use it.

The pop up indicator on the cap was still down, so I put it back in the cupboard as a possible emergency ration in the event everyone and everything else in the world vanishes, and I have a hankering for spaghetti.



The agapanthus are beginning to bloom outside the Treehouse office, so you can look forward to pictures of them over the next few weeks.

Lassen Peak in the last rays of sunlight;



Tomorrow, the band plays in historic French Gulch. I hope to get some pictures of Whiskeytown Lake on my way to the gig. Maybe someone will take pictures of the band while we are playing, and perhaps I will get a clean recording of a song or two that I will be able to share with you.

In the meantime, I think you will enjoy...

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




More Kind Thoughts

No comments: