Friday, June 17, 2011

Friday Round Up

Or Something



It has been an interesting week. I have been slowly getting back up to speed after an injury to my back last weekend. Was it bending down, just using my back to take a close-up of a primrose, or was it lifting stuff out of the trunk to put on a cart to get it inside out of the weather?



Whatever it was, it was a reminder to be more mindful of my motions. It took a couple of days of not moving much at all till I was ready to ease into my more active pastimes. It will be a bit longer before I am in shape for the Iron Man Triathlon.



Wednesday, I was able to play a few tunes with Peggy Richardson and anyone else who wished to join in the joy of making music. Linda Elliot took some movies and pictures with her iPad. The iPad is an amazing device, and takes really impressive HD movies.

(I am in the process of editing some of the footage that Linda shot of the Treehouse Residents All Star Music Review to present here one of these days.)



Thursday I played and sang a few songs down at the Shasta Blues Society jam night. It was a lot of fun, as usual, and Mark Mlcoch was there to play bass with Jon Harrison and myself. We played with a drummer named Rocky, (not the same Rocky that used to play drums for us a couple of years ago), and based on our bass players basic evaluation, we hired him to play with us next weekend in French Gulch.

Our regular drummer, Jeff Brooks, will be up in Oregon next weekend.




National Book Festival



The National Book Festival is going to be a 2 day event this year. If you happen to be in our nations capitol September 24 - 25, and you want to see some of your favorite authors, old and new books, or just to see that a great number of Americans still read, that would be a good place to be.


Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;


Back In Action

No comments: