Friday, June 3, 2011

The Early Bird

Uses Last Nights Pictures



I got up early today in the hopes that I  might get some clear blue sky morning pictures of some of my favorite mountains, lakes, and rivers. I based this whim on nothing more scientific than the skies were clearing when I was taking pictures around sunset, last night. That coupled with waking up early made it seem like a good morning for Mt. Shasta images.

The sky is the color of clouds this morning, so I will use the pictures I was going to post last night. It all works out, one way or another.



If you look at the pictures I took yesterday evening, you might see where I got the impression that clear blue skies might be waiting in the morning for the early risers.



Lassen looked clear in the setting sun, except that at this parking lot off Northpoint Drive there are power lines that one must, some how, shoot between, (next picture).



Ahh, there we go. Many a picture is graced with power lines and telephone poles, and that is still sometimes the case with me. The trick is to move to a spot where the subject of interest is not blocked by wires or fences, etc.

Sometimes, the right place to stand combined with creative cropping can eliminate distracting elements from ones composition.



What I like about the parking lot where I took these pictures, is being able to take pictures of Lassen, Shasta, and Shasta Bally all from the same spot, at approximately the same time.



The Treehouse residents band practice on Wednesday afternoons continues to be a smile maker. I thank Linda Elliot for using the TZ1 to take some wonderful candid pictures of the musical merriment. (More Merry Pictures)



Wednesday evening produced a magical, long lasting, double rainbow that delighted those here in Redding who happened to look to the East around sunset.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;





A Modicum of Cognitive Capability

No comments: