Sunday, July 10, 2011

Good Enough To Eat

The Pretty Flowers I Photograph



Who knew one could eat these pretty things instead of just watching them wilt on the stem? I could have been watching them wilt in a frying pan with mushrooms and onions instead.

http://www.salon.com/life/scavenger/index.html?story=/food/feature/2011/07/09/scavenger_daylily_stir_fry



Then I found out that the bulbs are actually tubers and can be prepared like potatoes.

I also found out that one should only eat day lilies. Some others, like Easter lilies, could kill ya if you eat them.

http://honest-food.net/2010/06/29/dining-on-daylilies/


Other Flowery Delights



I was designing some new cards this evening, using some of the latest photos I have been taking. It was that, or write and record some music for the slide shows of photos that are waiting for their soundtracks.



I am sort of waiting for the muse to fill my reservoir before I lay down the different tracks of instruments. I figure that I should have at least two or three songs in mind and then embark on a recording marathon until they are finished soundtracks that are specific to the images that they musically illustrate.

So, it’s greeting cards tonight, and I am happy with the results.



Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;





Harmony

No comments: