Monday, July 18, 2011

A Pretty Girl

Is The Melody



Pattie Boyd, the former wife of George Harrison and Eric Clapton, and the inspiration for the Beatles song "Something" and Clapton's "Layla," takes a boat tour around Catalina Island. She was visiting the island to promote an exhibition of her photographs taken during the late 1960s and early '70s. (Francine Orr, Los Angeles Times / July 2, 2011)

How good it must feel to have been the inspiration for great artistic works. The woman behind the Mona Lisa, the soup can replicated in Andy Warhol’s famous painting, or in this case, the woman who inspired two timeless songs by two different musical legends.

You can read more about Catalina, and Pattie Boyd, HERE.




I Get It, At Last


I had no idea that I have been missing out on this battery and time saving method of transferring images and video from cameras to computers. For years I have been hooking up digital cameras to the computer with the USB cord included with the camera. When one takes as many photos and videos as I do, that method of transfer can be time consuming, and with the camera working to send the data, it is draining on the battery.

I sent away for one of these things after waiting a year for it to include free shipping when it was on sale for a couple of bucks. It came in the mail today, and I wonder why I haven’t been using one of these things before, (free shipping comes to mind).

There is a card reader built into the wireless printer, but the SD card wireless transfer wasn’t much faster than the camera. Still, for a couple of bucks I thought I would give the multi card reader a try.

I was really pleased with how fast the pictures and video poured into iPhoto.

Wonderful Weather Around Here

The rest of the country is experiencing typical Redding July weather while here in Redding it has been one of the mildest July’s on record. I wrote about it, HERE.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Video;




Cool

No comments: