Saturday, July 16, 2011

Weekend

Wonders



This panoramic view from the International Space Station, looking past the docked shuttle Atlantis' cargo bay and part of the station including a solar array panel toward Earth, was taken on July 14, 2011 as the spacecraft passed over the Southern Hemisphere. Aurora Australis or the Southern Lights can be seen on Earth's horizon and a number of stars are visible also.
CREDIT: NASA

Smart Phone Phil


Image taken with Android Eris Phone..... On right - Photoshopped.

Michael Karas gave me his Android phone. He he finally got a real iPhone, and no longer has to use the imitation. Lucky me.

It unnecessarily complicates simple tasks and the graphics are cheesy like a Windows, PC, but it gives me a chance to play with a smart phone without buying one. Thank you Michael.

I like the free applications one can get from the Android market, like the little version of Photoshop, or bird songs, pianos, YouTube, Mp3’s, etc.

The camera is better than the one in my old cell phone, and with the effects, one can make cute, small, images for fun.



I wrote about the Eris HTC Android phone, over at www.happyphil.com in the blog section. I will try to reproduce it here;



My conclusions are still adding up, but essentially there is one other glaring drawback, besides not being an iPhone; It doesn’t work well as a phone!

People I have talked with while using this Droid, say I sound funny, or I don’t sound like me, or what’s wrong? Do I have a cold or something?

I definitely will be deactivating the Droid on Monday and replacing it with the new free upgrade phone Verizon wants to give me if I sign up for another 2 years. I am thinking that there must be a way to just use the Droid with Wi-Fi so I can play with all the functions except the crummy sounding cell phone part. You know, sort of like an imitation iPod touch. That would be nice. We shall see.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Innovation

No comments: