Sunday, May 27, 2012

Further Thoughts

This Memorial Weekend



Here I am. Your well-dressed intrepid reporter. I observe and report. That seems to be my purpose in this life. I certainly get a lot of satisfaction from doing so.

Allow me to share some of the beautiful sites I observed and photographed today around Treehouse.



It is a beautiful Sunday here in Redding on this Memorial Day weekend. I’m sure that the campgrounds and marinas on the lakes are the busiest they’ve been all year.



I keep finding beautiful things to photograph right here at Treehouse, so I really haven’t gone to see the lakes or the river today.



I took out some trash. While I was by the dumpsters, I couldn’t help but notice the beautiful colors radiating from the rose bushes across the parking lot.



I couldn’t help but see photo compositions, and I was fortunate enough to have my camera with me, so I had a chance to share these beautiful sites with you.

As long as I was outside I took a stroll around behind ‘A’ building to see what new lilies were blooming in Dorothy’s garden.
 


There were a lot of new yellow ones and one new red one.



One of the fun things I find in collecting pictures of flowers, is looking at them closely on the computer once I get back and load the images from the camera.



Like this pair of yellow lilies. When I got back to the computer, I saw another one of those odd green bugs with the long antenna.



Here is a closer look at the bug. I don’t know what kind it is, but it has been showing up on flowers just about anywhere around the Treehouse. Mostly though I see it in Dorothy’s garden.

I guess if I’m really interested, I could send the picture to the ‘what’s that bug’ website and find out. (So I did send 3 pix of the bug to What’s That Bug? just moments ago)



Some people have garden gnomes. Dorothy has garden owls.

I will let you know what kind of bug that mystery bug is when I hear back from What’s That Bug?  After all that’s part of what I do, observe and report.



This morning the fruit on my cereal met the lettuce that grows on my counter. I’m sure they got along famously before I consumed the fruit.

I liked the meeting because it was a great photo op. In fact, if there is a photography contest category for fresh fruit meets growing lettuce, I might even consider submitting this picture.

Today’s Video Yarn;




Knit 2, Purl 1

No comments: