Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Hats Off To Hatter's

And Other Heady Matters



Today at the Treehouse, the administration put on the annual mad Hatter’s tea party. There were hats aplenty, and the staff members decorated tables with various themes.



There was fresh fruit, various ‘biscuits’, plus cake and ice cream. The winners of the treasure hunt got their prizes. The people who had birthdays this month got flowers, birthday cards, and everybody sang happy birthday.

There were winners for the best hats, and a good time was had by all.

We were told the story of why they were called mad Hatter’s. It had to do with the volatile organic compounds that they were worked with, such as arsenic, mercury, and other dangerous materials. The constant exposure caused insanity and an early demise.



Speaking of volatile organic compounds, John put the final coat of varnish on the new cello and it is looking very nice. It won’t be long before it will be ready to produce beautiful music in the hands of the right cellist.



The late afternoon/early evening sunlight was just perfect for the kind of photographs I was looking for today. With just the right angle and frequency of light, subjects come alive in the sensors of the Panasonic Lumix TZ3 camera.



Flowers, butterflies, bees, and trees were all there where I could point the camera and capture images that I find delightful.



I watched a bee climb up from the inside of a flower, stick out its tongue, and use its foot to wipe off something that tasted bad. You don’t see that everyday.



All in all, it was a very pleasant day.

I did some experiments with a new photography app for the iPod Touch. They look pretty good, but I will have to keep experimenting until I can learn to make them ‘blog worthy’ before they will appear here.

I have another video that I made with the iPod Touch to share with you. I hope you like it. I uploaded it to my Blip TV account, because YouTube seems to be having trouble completing the uploading of these 720p HD videos.

Today’s Video;



If you don’t see the player, click HERE.

Just A Little Eccentric

No comments: