Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Terrific Weather

For Appreciation



The morning of May 21st, (my birthday). I stepped out on the balcony and saw this quail standing guard in the parking lot while his mate was rooting about in the shrubs along the curb. He didn’t seem to mind me taking his picture, so I did.


Peggy Richardson, Kathern Sherwood, and Me

It was a nice day for music Monday, and there was cake and ice cream for all on my birthday. Neighbor, and Monday music regular, Jackie, baked a special cake that was so good not a single piece was left over.



I would like to thank all the nice people who sent me cards and kind wishes for my birthday.

67 trips around the sun, so far.

This week has also been a beautiful present for everyone here in Redding.

The weather has been wonderful for flowers, and images of flowers that capture the light, colors, and mood.

Nature is providing beautiful working conditions for the carpenters who came to refurbish our balconies this week.

Here is a little slideshow of the past few days.





As usual, we have our picture postcard views of the surrounding mountains to keep our sense of awe and wonder engaged. The view of MT Lassen was particularly inspiring throughout the day, today.




I Get A New Fan



There were fans on sale at Big Lots, and since my bedroom gets warm at night without running the A/C, I figured I might keep it cool with a fan. I close the doors to the bedroom so I don’t have to hear the refrigerator or the buildings A/C running when I am trying to sleep. This also prevents cross ventilation, so even if it’s relatively cool outside, opening the window is rendered ineffective for bringing fresh air into the room.

I could run the A/C but it also cools the parts of the apartment I am not using when sleeping, so it is wasting energy as well as money when I use it to cool the bedroom at night.

So, I bring you; The Fan.

Today’s Cool Video;



It Was A Breeze

No comments: