Sunday, July 22, 2012

"It's Not Too Cold"

I Cheerfully Reply



Redding has always been known for its hot summer temperatures, so temperatures in the hundreds are pretty normal. Still, there are some people, (like people everywhere), who feel they must express their discomfort when the the temperature rises, or falls, beyond their comfort zone.



Upon hearing the glass is half empty, it is in my nature to counteract that negativity with a word or two about the glass being half full. I guess that helps keep the world in balance, as I see it.

Here are a few glimpses of how I saw this Sunday;






This flower, that I am following closely, has begun further development since the last time I displayed it. The little tubes around the center are extending tiny yellow flowers.



There is a little lizard hiding in the shade of the subject flower of my observations. I added some zoom lines to help you see it in spite of its camouflaged countenance.


Scientific Phil

I saw a praying mantis in the shade of the stairwell on the outside of ‘A’ building. It seemed to have gotten a suntan.



Saturday was another great day for hot flowers. Here are some pictures to illustrate.

We begin with a delicious, nutritious, breakfast;





I was taking some pictures of the distant turbines atop Hatchet Ridge, when a bird flew in to make the shot more interesting. Thanks bird.

Today’s Relative Video;


Mirrorbox: The Story of How Art Became Science from megamayd on http://vimeo.com">Vimeo.


The Arts Illuminate

No comments: