Monday, July 30, 2012

Sunday Surprises

Thanks



Stepping out to take a few pictures today, (Sunday), I was surprised to see that Friday’s ‘driveway’ rose bud had blossomed. That was nice.



I went out back to take the daily picture of a pair of unusual flowers as they develop.

I saw that the ants were busy doing whatever it is they are doing with this flower.



As I got real close to photograph the ants, this hummingbird flew in between the camera lens and the flower while I was looking through the viewfinder. That was a surprise!

What a precious moment.



Apple pie with ice cream, took me away from this compilation of delightful moments that I want to share with you. I thought about making some whipped cream, but it is midnight, and my neighbors probably wouldn’t find the sound of the mixer to be a pleasant lullaby.

I am very fortunate to have neighbors that I like, (they like me, too). My present, presents include this apartment that is just right, in a town with rivers, lakes, and mountains in abundance, where I can live this life that I love. What a beautiful gift. Thanks.



There is an Aesop for Children App, (free), that I read about on the Library of Congress blog. After reading a few fables, and the moral of the story at the end of each one, I just had to get it. The story that decided it for me was, “The Town Mouse and The Country Mouse”, (click the title to go read it).

Poverty with security is better than plenty in the midst of fear and uncertainty.

If you want to read the book on your PC or Laptop, it is HERE, for free. It has all the wonderful, original illustrations, (click on them to animate), making each page a modern, as well as nostalgic, delightful experience.



Every day is filled with delightful surprises and wondrous events for all to enjoy.

Today’s Travel Video;


The Golden Triangle from Mo'Fo' on http://vimeo.com">Vimeo.



A kindness is never wasted.

No comments: