Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Finding A Path

To Reach A Goal



Today, so far, it has taken me about seven hours to find a path to get a little piece of video of the LMP Trio playing at the Richmond Museum uploaded to YouTube so that I can put it on this blog.



As it is with many things in the world of computers, I had to find a way to do what I wanted to do. I wanted to do some basic edits to the video such as putting on titles and closing credits. This I do in iMovie.



Because the sound was recorded with the little iPod Touch video recording microphone, I needed to remix the audio. For this I used GarageBand. There is a portion of GarageBand that allows you to edit the soundtracks of videos when you need to sculpt them into a better form.



This was a little tricky because I wasn't sure how you got the video into GarageBand. I had to find the right path. Now that I think about it, I think I probably should've used the media browser function. Instead I blazed a whole bunch of trails all over the cyberspace inside the computer and managed to somehow or another to get the video I wanted.



After making the very slick and snazzy video of the LMP trio playing at the Richmond Museum, I then had to upload it to YouTube. The upload took over an hour. When I went to look at it after it was uploaded, it was the wrong video.The slick and snazzy stuff was missing.

Beautiful flowers in Richmond



It turned out that I had three different copies of the video and only one of them was the finished product. I tried again. It uploaded another wrong video. I deleted all “LMP at the Museum” videos but the one I really wanted.

Now, in another hour or so I will know if I have uploaded the proper one, in which case I will post it here, and...

Nope. I'm beginning to see that I need to combine the tracks that I’ve built up and turn them into their own soundtrack. Then simply replace the original soundtrack with this new soundtrack and upload the video.

That however will have to wait for another day.

Today's Searching Video;

ASKAP Radio Telescope from Alex Cherney on Vimeo.

Step By Step
 

No comments: