Sunday, January 16, 2011

Beautiful Science

Looking Directly At The Sun

A full-disk multiwavelength extreme ultraviolet image of the sun taken by SDO on March 30, 2010. False colors trace different gas temperatures. Reds are relatively cool (about 60,000 Kelvin, or 107,540 F); blues and greens are hotter (greater than 1 million Kelvin, or 1,799,540 F). Credit: NASA/Goddard/SDO AIA Team

Close Up

Closer To Earth
It was a day filled with wondrous images to capture right close to home.
Everything I saw, spoke to me with character and color. 1/15/11

There were so many pictures to share, that I put them on my rarely used Flicker account so you could see them there in various sizes.
Working In The Lab
I attempt to repair a small sculpture. 1/15/11

My idea to try solder to repair a chrome plated steel sculpture was obviously a failure, but I though I would give it a try, anyway. Nothing short of a weld will reattach the rider to the balancing horse that teeters and totters on it’s tubular base. Back to the cutting board. (That is my cutting board that I am using to catch any drops of hot solder.)

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;


Lovely Day