Monday, January 31, 2011

Sometimes You Can

Just Charge It

Jo Anna chats with Sandi who is in her Mercedes giving  a jump start to the Buick’s very low battery. Once it was started, Sandi followed me to Mike Cary’s tire factory so she could take me to do some errands while the car was getting it’s battery charged.



It was a beautiful day here in Redding and I spent as much time as possible outside taking pictures around the Treehouse Senior Apartments.



Birds posed, high in the bare branches, no doubt knowing that I had the image stabilization set to keep them in sharp focus while I clicked hand held photographs, using the 10x optical zoom.



Around 4 o’clock, John came by in his souped up new Mustang to give me a ride to pick up the Buick. His Mustang is a nice car. It starts when you turn the key.



Cody put the battery back in the Buick and checked the alternator and charging system. Those things were working as they should, but the battery was about worn out.



Mike sells batteries as well as tires, so I will probably get one from him later this week. In the meantime, I will just hope that the old, but newly charged, battery will hold me until then. I have previously written about Mike Cary in this blog.



The Hatchet Ridge wind turbines looked nice way off in the distance near Burney.
 


So that’s the way it is on my first day back from the weekend camping at home adventure. I am happy to know that all I need is a new battery for the Buick to keep it running reliably now, and in the foreseeable future.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;



Life Is Good

No comments: