Sunday, January 23, 2011

National Pie Day

My My Apple Pie
I put tonight’s dessert through some new imaging software.

Yes, today, January 23 was National Pie Day. I almost missed it. Did you know there was a day for pie? You can watch The Pie Website throughout the year so you don’t miss it next time.

This Is A Rosebud
I used the new Image Tricks program on a rosebud.

Last night I tried a free version of an image editor that I found at the Mac Apps store. I liked it so much, that today I bought the full version and began to explore the possibilities. I reviewed it on Another Site. I noticed that I had not yet updated the year on that site, or some others I checked. So...

Today was also, ‘Update Some Websites To 2011 Day”. At least for me it was.

January seems to be “Reconnect With Sax Players Month”, too. What a nice surprise to hear from 4 different sax players this month, who have been part of my bands over the years. Today, Cal Thompson got in touch with me through an old website I didn’t know I still had. It was great to hear from him. He was part of the Phil Seymour Combo with me in Houston when I was 19. He posted the 45rpm record from that band; “Don’t Tell Me”.

On The Dam Road
It’s a good thing I have the Lumix TZ1.
From the same spot using 10x optical zoom.

It was a day for the Lumix TZ1. The mountains played in the light and shadow of  a variety of passing, and lingering clouds. Shasta was even making some of it’s own clouds. No image tricks were used in the capture of these images, just the superb Leica lens.


Mount Shasta from the Dam Road.

What a splendid day, and what could be a better curtain than a brilliant sunset. Life is good.


Tonight, from the second floor landing outside building ‘A’.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;


Goodness

No comments: