Friday, January 28, 2011

This Weekend I Find

The Best Campsite, Ever




Before setting up camp, I surveyed my surroundings, and it looked good to me. I decided this is the perfect spot to spend the weekend.




To the north there is Mount Shasta, and to the east of me is the volcano called Mount Lassen. I am situated on a slight rise that gives a view of both magnificent mountains.




This site, where I have set up camp, (camp is a Roman word that means “open field”, but also has military connotations), gives me a clear look in all directions.




Reflecting on the the sunset and observing the different species of birds winging their way to places where they choose to spend the night.




How lucky I am to be able to take the time to absorb the awesome display caused by the flaming ball of hydrogen, 93,000,000 miles from where I was standing. 




A look from the southern portal of my shelter gave me another point of view to complete the circumspection of my surroundings at sundown.


I am camping here this weekend for a number of reasons;

  • The car battery is too low to start the engine.
  • Money is in short supply.
  • I need to use up the food in the freezer.
  • I live here.

It’s not a bad place to be. I have plenty of projects to work on, letters to write, cards to send, pictures to take, and songs to write. It’s the most productive, practical, pleasurable, and satisfying way to spend my weekend that I would be missing if I had more money and the car would start.


Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;






All The Comforts Of Home

No comments: