Sunday, February 27, 2011

Finding What I Sought

On An Informed Guess

Among other things today, I followed the light of day as it lit the various facets of the neighboring snow capped mountains.

It was an experiment in continuously changing my point of view so as to capture the personalities in my surroundings with a sense of continuity.



I chose to focus on different views of Shasta Bally, since I was up and out in the world before 10:00 AM, and morning is the best light for Shasta Bally. One of the places I began taking pictures from, was behind what had once been a restaurant/night spot, where I played over 30 years ago. It’s an office for an insurance company now.



While finding good vantage points to photograph Shasta Bally, I would often get some nice images of Mt. Shasta and Lassen as well.



I actually collected over 100 wonderful images of the scenery in, and around Redding today. You can see my favorite 26, HERE.



I watched some of the Academy Awards show. It probably would be better if I saw the movies that were nominated, then I could root for my favorites, (assuming that I indeed had any favorites). Randy Newman was entertaining and funny when he accepted his award. Celene Dione sang nicely for the obituary montage. I didn’t know that Patricia Neil was still alive, (well, was alive until last year).



It was fun trying to get the best picture of Shasta Bally even though they all were winners with the early, (before sunset), light. I think this one above is in the top 3.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Big Beautiful Universe

No comments: