Saturday, February 26, 2011

I Can See It Now

In A Swirl



Yesterday, I ate the last piece of the best apple pie I have purchased since I have been shopping at the Lake Boulevard Raley’s market bakery department. You can see it peeking out from under the ice cream and whipped cream sculpture.

The pie, was not too sweet. The crust was especially flaky, and the spices were not overpowering the taste of the apples. I managed to make that pie last more than a week,  cutting even smaller slices than I normally do, just because I didn’t know when, if ever, I would find another pie that perfectly made, again.



The mail on Friday brought me a tripod that I ordered a couple of weeks ago from one of my favorite on-line, bargain basement, really inexpensive, warehouse type emporiums. It’s the same on-line store where I get little do-dads that are unavailable, (or high priced), elsewhere.

It extends to where it’s tall enough that I don’t have to set it on the roof of the car to get it up to eye level. This will come in handy if I need a tripod someplace that I cant get a parking spot for the Buick.



Like here in the stairwell. The Buick not only wouldn’t fit up on the landing, it wouldn’t have been in the picture. Mostly, I needed the elevation to provide a steady platform that would be above the foreground objects.



I like this view of the quarry over by Shasta Lake. It makes me think of a Mediterranean Abbey, or villa if the angles and the light are just right. Getting the camera high enough, and steady was tricky before I got the new tripod. Now I can focus on the composition without worrying about wiggling the camera. Ahhh, much better.



I had intended to write about some recent dreams, my analysis, and some resulting insights I have discovered about the human condition, but I think I will do another nights research to verify my conclusions.

In other words, I am going to the laboratory for a few hours, perchance to dream.

I am so lucky to have a warm bed to sleep in on this cold night.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Warm Thoughts

No comments: