Saturday, April 23, 2011

Earth Day

Earth Day In Redding



There were fiddlers, flowers, exhibits, enchiladas, Belgian waffles, a tee-pee, and every planet saving device, product, or proposal who’s vendor had rented a space around Redding City Hall.



My favorite attraction, as usual, were the flowers that grow around our city hall.



We had rain, occasionally, in the form of brief showers that left droplets on the flora to add to the striking colors and shapes that delighted my artistic senses.



The Earth Day event wrapped around city hall on 3 sides. The 4th side is where the Saturday farmers market sets up regularly, so there was something for everyone, everywhere.



Some of you know that many of my favorite subjects are minute, and often overlooked by the pedestrian herds. The earth day event was no exception.

Some people saw me crouching down with the Lumix TZ1 pushed up inside a bush, and came over to ask what I was taking a picture of.



Once they looked closely at where the camera was pointing they would exclaim, “Oh my, look at that pretty little flower”.



I like to think that the flowers appreciate the attention.

As usual, I took many more pretty flower pictures than will fit on here, but never fear, they will join the other flowers of April to be presented right after I write and record some appropriate music to accompany the dazzling display of blossoming beauties.

In the meantime, in case you didn’t color eggs this year...


Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;

Easter Eggs! by JibJab





Eggs-actly

No comments: