Monday, April 18, 2011

Looking Whole

Hole In Space


NGC 1999 is the green tinged cloud towards the top of the image. The dark spot to the right was thought to be a cloud of dense dust and gas until Herschel looked at it. It is in fact a hole that has been blown in the side of NGC 1999 by the jets and winds of gas from the young stellar objects in this region of space. Full Story.
CREDIT: ESA/HOPS Consortium

Eye Look Okay 




An interesting thing occurred  when I went to the eye doctor this morning to get glasses so the DMV would renew my license to drive.



I explained to the doctor that I had flunked the eye exam at the DMV, and he said; “There must be something wrong with their test. Your eyes are fine. There is nothing to correct. You don’t need glasses.”



He said that as long as I was there, he would do all the tests to check the health of my eyes. He looked for cataracts, (I told him I have a Buick). He showed me pictures of the inside of each eye, and described what we were looking at, and pointed out how healthy each of my eyes were.



He was very nice, and used lots of high and low tech stuff, to make sure he didn’t miss anything. Nope, nothing wrong except a slight reflective wrinkle left over from a tennis ball mishap I had in junior high.



We, the eye doctor and I, exchanged business cards and I took the note he gave me to the DMV. The people there were very nice and wasted no time getting the information into the computer and printing a temporary license for me to use until I get my new one in the mail.



One nice thing at the eye doctor exam, was being able to show him some of my photography on this Macbook. He recently bought himself a Mac, and was pleased to see my pictures of Shasta, Lassen, and Bally that I have taken from here at the Treehouse.

When I got home, I wandered around the Treehouse and found these willing, and photogenic subjects that I have shared on today’s blog post with you. I took 77 pictures and kept about 50. If you like, here is a link to them, and a couple from yesterday on Picasa Web Albums. All 55 Images

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Eyes Wide Open

No comments: