Monday, April 4, 2011

When In Doubt

Blame A Conspiracy



The past few days have been interesting, and illuminating from my perspective.



I have watched some unhappy people, predictably continue blaming anyone and anything for their problems. We all do that sometimes, but some people make a lifestyle out of their woe and suffering.



“If the world only did things my way, I wouldn’t have these problems”, they angrily lash out at the unfairness of their situation. They listen to ‘talk radio’, watch Fox, and chant the mantra of hatred for all things Obama. The tea party message resonates with them, but they still don’t feel any joy in who they are.



Their only hope is to cling to the belief that the rapture, the space aliens, the republicans, or some sort of fantasy will bring retribution upon those they blame, and redemption for themselves. It’s tough being miserable, I know.



I can’t say whether or not the world will come to an end in my lifetime, but I certainly am not counting on the end of times to fix all the things that are ‘wrong’.

I guess what I am trying to say is that lately, I have been affected more than usual by the needless self inflicted suffering that some people use to define their daily existence. I wish they could just drop their sacks of woe and enjoy this beautiful gift that God has given to all of us.

In the meantime, I will continue to help those I can, and hope that those I can’t help will find the help they need somewhere, somehow, soon.



The flowers are springing into their glorious, colorful, existence to bring happiness to all who choose to see them. That would be the birds, bees, bugs, bunnies, and of course, us.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;





Love Is Eternal

No comments: