Sunday, September 18, 2011

After Math

History


Driveway Rose on the 16th


Driveway Rose on the 17th


Driveway Rose on the 18th

I enjoy being able to watch, and chronicle, the life that shares the world with me. It’s cooling down this week and temperatures are expected to just be in the 90’s. (I had better get out my mittens and thermal underwear, it could drop into the 80’s before I am prepared.)

The heat and sizzling sunshine causes the roses to go from bud to bleached out falling petals in a matter of days. The little bush on the driveway that I have been following, is the only one left that is blooming. But oh what an earnest bloomer it is.

Mystery
 

What is it?

For the last week or so, I have been showing this plant that grows in the parking lot divider a couple of spaces from where I park, in the hopes that someone can tell me what it is. In the picture above, I try to show the corn-like leaves and two stages of development. Maybe that will help to identify it.

The View Behind Building ‘A’


Dottie’s Delightful Dahlia’s  
 

There is plenty of ripe fruit for the picking.


Looking up at second story planter flowers


A lot of these are still blooming


Taking a gander at the oleander

Leaf In The Setting Sunlight



I was reading various philosopher’s takes on, “Living In The Moment”, recently. It is always good to know how others view existence. It helps keep me from re-inventing the wheel.

I am comfortable knowing that I am observing, measuring, analyzing, remembering, and reporting as well as being some carbon and electrons that are part of the all.



I saw a video while exploring the world of the internet using StumbleUpon, and it reminded me of a guy I met in Vail when my band was playing there in the winter of 1979. He liked my music, and I enjoyed his flim flammery. We had fun hanging out together for a day or two.

When I tell people about this guy, and how he could throw a key into a keyhole, flip an entire deck of cards across the bar into an empty pitcher, (one at a time), and other impossible feats of hand eye coordination, they think I am exaggerating.

So, when I saw this video, I thought of that guy and how fun it was to have spent some time in the company of such phenomenal talent. Enjoy.



Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Marvelous

No comments: