Friday, September 16, 2011

Maybe Next Week

Somewhere On Earth



"Re-entry is expected Sept. 23, plus or minus a day. The re-entry of UARS is advancing because of a sharp increase in solar activity since the beginning of this week," NASA said in a brief update on its website on Friday. (More Story)

Meanwhile;



The sun shone bright with a few clouds in the Redding sky today and the general mood among most people I encountered was light and cheerful.



The flowers were happy to see me, and I was happy to see them.


Another bud on the driveway rosebush.


Ducks play in a lagoon along the Sacramento river.


Lagoon where lucky ducks feed and play.


Reading while a video is processing.

Editing and converting a video into a form that can be uploaded to YouTube, or Vimeo, and the eventual data transfer and reconstitution so it can be viewed on line, can be a time consuming process, sometimes taking a couple of hours for a 5 minute HD video.

I am glad I like to read.


Last nights dessert included raspberries and strawberries.

The video I put together last night was made from a songwriting session yesterday at John’s violin shop. I had dreamed the words and one riff a couple of nights before and sang it for John to see what he might feel like adding.

The song is about the falling satellite, so I figured it was a good idea to get it written and recorded before the UARS meets its end in the atmosphere. I took pieces of our efforts and assembled them to approximate the song in today’s video.

We will play the song with the Phil Seymour Band tomorrow night when we perform at the, “Big Blues Blow Out”. I hope to get movie and audio recordings of the live version with the band to show how a song goes from a dream to performance.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Cosmic Harmony

No comments: