Saturday, June 2, 2012

Big Storm Expected

Rain, Wind, and Snow

Snow? Yep. The forecast says that temperatures in Redding are going to plummet down into the 80s and the mountains will get snow, tomorrow and Monday.



I took some pictures of Lassen today with the TZ3 and the FZ5. In a couple of days, when I can see it again, it should be covered with a fresh coat of snow.



I think the mockingbird, out by Dorothy’s garden, is beginning to get desperate for a mate. I saw him and a blue jay doing a courting fly and dance today.


Mockingbird serenades everybody he sees.



The lilies are a’ popping in the garden. From the looks of things, some of them are just getting started. They make wonderful test subjects for comparing distinctly different qualities of pictures taken with the cameras in my collection.



There are so many fun things to do, it’s hard not to do them all at once. I am reading the new Stephen King and the new James Patterson books simultaneously, (not at the exact same time, but alternating them each time I read while eating, or before I go to sleep).



I enjoy finding new ways to photograph the food I eat. This morning’s breakfast was every bit as good as it looks in the picture.

Today was the last day of the Treehouse rummage sale. I saw a radio controlled, Stuart Little roadster that was roasting out in the sun. It followed me home. I like it.



I took this picture just now, using the iPod Touch. I am really loving all these gizmos that I get to use for communication and illustration. This is in addition to the purpose for which I got the iPod. Initially I bought it to use as an auxiliary digital audio recorder.

Since then I have used it to record HD videos and time-lapse sequences. I have used the iPod Touch as a heart rate monitor, a picture and video editor, a phone, FaceTime and Skype device, musical instruments, drawing and painting programs, voice transcriber, bar code reader, TV and movie viewer, a star finder, internet browser, decibel meter, email, and...well, you get the idea.



I haven’t watched TV for a couple of weeks, but I am staying up to date on world events. I have taken the time to educate myself regarding the issues and people that I get to vote for in the Presidential primary election on Tuesday.

I wonder if I would vote differently had I been listening to people shouting on the TV and radio instead of reading the various proposals, candidates positions, and their qualifications?

Today’s Instructive Video;




I Understand

No comments: