Saturday, June 9, 2012

In The Garden

Of Your Mind



Millions of young people grew up watching Mister Rogers. I have sometimes wondered what effect his childlike wonderment of this world we live in, combined with gentle mannerly interaction with others would have on those kids when they grew up.



How could a child who watched Mister Rogers regularly, fail to be a thinking, caring, polite adult? Is it like the old saying about taking a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink?



I have known people 20 years younger than me, who grew up watching Mister Rogers, and Sesame Street. Some of them did not turn out to be conscientious, mannerly citizens.



Some of them turned out to be sociopath career criminals, yet they have fond memories of time spent in front of the TV, watching, and interacting with Mister Rogers.



I guess ittakes all kinds’, as I have heard said. I didn’t know that it was a version of this line from Don Quixote; de todo ha de haber en el mundo.



The reason the topic of today’s blog is Mister Rogers has to do with the video of the day.



It’s one of those sliced up, remixed, auto-tuned, video’s that I normally avoid, but it presents Mister Rogers, gently encouraging young people to spend time, In The Garden Of Your Mind. I liked it.


Today’s Special Video;




A Beautiful Day In The Neighborhood

No comments: