Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How I Spent Mardi Gras

Nice Way To Start The Day

Hey, that’s my bowl of cereal!

There was a thing I saw while cruising around in cyberspace that seemed like a good idea, and I just happened to have a picture of my breakfast, so I participated. Kellogg’s is offering to buy breakfast for kids that don’t normally get breakfast. All that people need to do is send in a picture of their breakfast and they will see that some kid gets a breakfast that he, or she otherwise wouldn’t normally have.

Even though the offer is from Kellogg’s, who’s cereal of highly processed GMO grains, chemical preservatives, questionable vitamin powder, fake sugar, and other unhealthy ingredients is never a part of my diet, I figured that it might keep a kid from being hungry, so I sent them a picture. I hope I haven’t ultimately doomed some child to diabetes, scurvy, rickets, obesity, reproductive disorders and heart disease as a result of this contribution.



Hey, that’s me!

I’ve been experimenting with some of the effects in Image Tricks to see just how far from a clear photograph I can take an image, and still be able to comfortably identify what I am looking at.

This is essentially what impressionist artists do in their paintings, and to some degree I do in my drawings. I find it fascinating how our minds can ‘fill in the blanks’ and that the process of  ‘filling in the blanks’ also stimulates the imagination beyond just making an identifiable image in our heads. The shapes and colors affect us, well some of us, emotionally.



Hey, that’s my pie and ice cream.

I tried playing around with this image, but this was the way it was meant to look. On the other hand, I had a blueberry muffin with ice cream and blueberries that came out looking delicious.



If I stand back about 15 feet the individual blueberries are quite distinct.

Today is Fat Tuesday, so I think I will have another bite of dessert, while I remember that today is also International Women’s Day.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;




Laissez Les Bon Temps Roulez

No comments: