Saturday, March 5, 2011

In This Day And Age

Time Compressed
Another slice of apple pie life in a colorful new bowl.

Facebook has altered my perception of time. People I grew up with, went to schools with, played music with, and were part of my world in the 50’s, 60’s, 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, 00’s, are all together in my life at once.


The same piece of pie, enhanced.

The past used to be compartmentalized into times, places, and the people who inhabited those worlds. I could keep my life organized on a sequential time line. Through the wonder of the Internet, many of the people who were just memories, are all here in today's time frame. 

What a fantastic world we live in.



My daughter, Kelly, who I lost touch with years ago, is in my world again through the magic of Facebook. She married a good man, is happy, and has raised a daughter who is now married and expecting her own child. 

What a heartwarming surprise.


The Phil Seymour Band

The band rehearsed yesterday in Mark’s garage. It was good to hear us mixed through our own PA system.

We play next week for the Shasta Blues Society St. Patrick’s Day party, so we thought we might go over a few of the songs we will be playing.

Today’s Relatively Appropriate Song;
 Midnight Hour by Phil Seymour



Small, Wonderful World

No comments: