Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Gazing From Afar

Seeing Distant Beauty



Tonight was a full moon. The moon rise was at 7 PM, and the sun had significantly set so the sky was quite dark. Too dark for what I know about taking pictures of the moon with the Panasonic Lumix TZ-3 camera.

Although I didn’t get my usual craters and man in the moon face, I did get the general mood of the rising moon through the clouds.




Earlier in the afternoon I stopped at what used to be the Rivers restaurant to take some pictures of the River and Mount Shasta. As I arrived a very large flock of birds was just taking off in the distance. I was lucky and got a couple of pictures before they flew off to the West.



Just beyond these birds flying over the river, high up on the bluffs, there are some houses and condominiums.

As you can see in the next picture, rising up behind the houses is Mount Shasta.



So there you are in your little castle perched on the edge of a bluff over a river, with a giant volcano looming behind you.

What could possibly go wrong?



There is a much better spot for taking pictures of Mount Shasta sometimes, when the light is just right, and there are not a lot of leaves on the trees.

That viewpoint is just to the side of hilltop Drive after you pass over Interstate 5. The timing was right and I was so happy to get this picture, (Above).


This day turned out to be quite illuminating. I attribute part of that success, or good fortune, to having started out the day by sitting in a receptive meditative state for about 10 min. before engaging in any other activities.


Up close look at my breakfast.


Today’s Somewhat Appropriate Video;




How Does It Look To You?

No comments: